Re: text versions of ID and RFCs

On 11 Nov 2010, at 08:33, Yaakov Stein wrote:

> Sure I can ftp. But usually I search for the draft I want using my browser,
> and it would be clumsier to have to shift to ftp instead of clicking.
>
> It is easier to retrieve them from any of the mirror sites
> that download them via my browser in CR-LF format.
> Only the official site gives me in "Unix" format.
>
> It would be great to enable choosing the format desired by right-clicking.

Given the Secretariat announced they would start digitally signing I-Ds from 8th Nov and that RFC5485 states "In accordance with the NVT standard, the <CRLF> sequence MUST be used to denote the end of a line of text" [for text/XML formats], I suspect the problem you are facing may go away naturally?

Ben