Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

I think this is nonsense.

We have been discussing this for over a decade. Time for debate is up. It is time to make a decision.

If the best argument that can be made in favor of the current situation is that we need to discuss the situation for a decade or two more then I take that as an admission that the current situation is indefensible.

If people think that more time is needed for discussion they need to specify the issues they think need to be discussed.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Scott O. Bradner <sob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Russ asks

> Just to clarify, do you think that it would be better to document "one
> step" or do you think that the community should not spend time on this
> topic at all?

I think the community should only change its processes with careful deliberation
taking into account the interplay of the different factors

I do not this particular document does this, nor would some other
document that proposes one or 7 steps

I think it is better to not fiddle, even if the current documents
do not paint an accurate picture, I think we need to be serious
when changing our basic rules.

Scott

Website: http://hallambaker.com/