Re: Nomcom 2010-2011: READ THIS: Important Information on Open Disclosure

--On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 08:53 -0700 Dave CROCKER
<dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/21/2010 5:02 PM, Bob Hinden wrote:
>> The list of accepted candidates should be posted on the IETF
>> site like the rest of the noncom information.
>

> +1
>
> On the other hand, the practical reality is that getting an
> IETF login is easy
> enough to make this issue pretty minor, IMO.

Unfortunately, I have to nearly agree with Todd on this one.  A
login/ signup list available to the entire community, and for
which members of the community have to sign up if they are to
obtain information that is supposed to be generally available to
that community,is very easy to confuse with a membership list,
raising issues of privacy, etc.  I'm not too concerned about it,
but I wish that there had been more discussion of whether this
was necessary and other ways to accomplish it if it is.

    john