Re: draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-08

>draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-08 was reviewed by Dave Crocker on
>August 8, 2010 [1].  I haven't seen any response to the review.
>
>Although there was strong concerns about this draft during the
>Last-Call, the IESG has approved publication.  Quoting some comments
>made recently by an Area Director:
>
>  "I don't think that it specifies well requirements it is trying to
>   fulfil and it doesn't use email infrastructure well while doing that."
>
>And a previous comment:
>
>  "This is really hackish. Display names are not intended to be used
>like this."

Given that it's Informational, not standards track, and it appears to
do an OK job of describing the existing Italian setup for certifed
e-mail, it seems to me that it's appropriate to publish it to document
existing practice, even if none of us seem to think that it's very
good existing practice.

R's,
John