Re: Revised IAOC Administrative Procedures draft

Adrian,

> I have absolutely no doubt of the integrity of the IAOC and its chair, but this
> rule is somewhat vague and open to interpretation. It is like using the word
> "appropriate" in a protocol spec!

Yes, true, but this is really a rare exception.  In the 1.5 years that I've
been on the IAOC, I don't remember a case where expenses were made and
reimbursed.  That makes it hard to be more precise here.

> Could you look at qualifying this in some way to scope the exceptional
> circumstances. Perhaps payment of expenses would be made only if the payment has
> been agreed before the expense was incurred?

If the IAOC members wanted to claim expenses that should not be reimbursed,
this rule would be easy to circumvent.  If this is a concern, then I'd
suggest that the IAOC simply publishes what expenses were paid.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746