The Evils of Informational RFC's

Can we please, please, please kill Informational RFC's?  Pre-WWW, having publicly available documentation of hard-to-get proprietary protocols was certainly useful.  However, in today's environment of thousands of Internet-connected publication venues, why would we possibly ask ourselves to shoot ourselves in the foot by continuing the practice of Informational RFC publication?