Re: My comments to the press about RFC 2474

DiffServ is a prioritization scheme, Brian, how can you say it's not? IntServ is a reservation scheme, and DiffServ attempts to provide desired PHBs in practice by sorting packets into priority queues and invoking appropriate Link Layer facilities, which are in most cases priority-based, such as 802.11e traffic classes.

What on earth could the value of DSCPs be if they didn't map to traffic classes in the data link?

RB

--
Richard Bennett
Senior Research Fellow