Re: My comments to the press about RFC 2474

On Sep 7, 2010, at 10:30 PM, Richard Bennett wrote:

> I'm making a very simple request, Brian: I want a new press release to go out that corrects the one that most assuredly did go out last week.

There are many things I'd want, starting with a $10 million dollars in my bank account.  I think we've all heard want you want.  The fact that you want something doesn't mean that you (or I) should automatically get it.

I find myself in agreement with Russ and Brian; I think his statements are fine on the face of it.

I find AT&T's statements that "paid prioritization of Internet traffic... is already a common practice of Web management" to be very misleading (certainly not on the wired internet, and it's not done at the Web layer), and that prefixes their claim, "... and consistent with protocols set with the IETF."

I, personally, don't think we need to do anything beyond what Russ has already done, and I support his actions.

-- Ted