Re: IETF Attendance by continent

I think we are over-analyzing this. Do not be too focused on the numbers, or whether current <pick your metric> points to 1, 1.7, or 2. I think it is more important to think about where the IETF is headed and where Internet and networking work seems to be happening in the world. From that perspective I would personally prefer to see 1:1:1, and in any case, venue/contract/sponsor/planninghorizon/unforeseenevent probably cause more fluctuation than what our possible more fine-grained policy would give.

In other words, "close enough" and let the IAOC worry about the details.

Jari