Re: [78attendees] WARNING !!! Re: Maastricht to Brussels-Nat-Aero, Sat 07:09

Hi Jordi,

> In a previous discussion about this it was clear that was not the Dutch
> railway, but the Belgium one ... However, it was recommended to use the fast
> train from/to Brussels, as it was faster than to Amsterdam ... Clearly was
> not the case.

It is a train starting in the Netherlands, the schedule published by the
NS on their website can then be considered authoritative.

> The secretariat does an on site visit. It is simple to add one more point
> and question about the trains if this is going to be used by most of the
> participants (as it was in this case) and actually there is not a good
> international local airport.

I don't remember if this question was asked or not, some of this was discussed
before I joined the IAOC.  But even if the question was asked, I don't
quite see how this would have solved your problem.  3 of the IAOC members
had travelled with Dutch trains beforehand and their experience was that
the information on the website was 100% accurate.

> And you know, in this case was quite obvious. If you ask in the train
> station, as I did (unfortunately too late), they will tell you:
> "Oh NO, don't believe at all at the information on the web site, it has not
> been updated for ages !".

This is strange, as both the NS (Dutch) and NMBS (Belgium) railways
recommend to check their websites to plan a trip.   And again, I have
yet to come across a case where the website different from the
intention of the railway company to run a train.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746