Re: IETF Attendance by continent

Scott,

On Aug 11, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Scott Brim wrote:

> I also believe that the goal of moving the meeting around is to minimize
> the cost of getting our work done, not to minimize the cost for walk-in
> attendees.

I agree.

> However, to measure this, I suggest we count "contributions"
> as we do for IPR purposes:
>
>   c. "IETF Contribution": any submission to the IETF intended by the
>      Contributor for publication as all or part of an Internet-Draft or
>      RFC (except for RFC Editor Contributions described below) and any
>      statement made within the context of an IETF activity.  Such
>      statements include oral statements in IETF sessions, as well as
>      written and electronic communications made at any time or place,
>      which are addressed to:

While it would be difficult to measure this quantitatively, I would assume everyone attending an IETF meeting has said something at the meeting (in a session, or in the hall, etc.) that could be construed as a contribution, so I would think this brings us back to the raw attendance data.

Bob