Re: IETF Attendance by continent

Fred Baker <fred@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Aug 8, 2010, at 11:48 PM, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> +1.  Peak of summer happens to be peak of vacation time for many europeans, and making room for an IETF conference during vacation periods can be difficult even if it is in the same continent.
>
> Peak of summer is when Americans with children are on vacation
> too. What is your intention here - to skip the summer meeting?

My point is that Europe doesn't have to be over-represented as the
summer continent.

For the last 15 years, 7 out of 11 of the July meetings has been in
Europe.  I can only find three non-July EU meetings in the last 15
years, and two of them were held in early August.

This timing has made it difficult for me to attend the meetings.

jas@mocca:~$ elinks -dump http://www.ietf.org/meeting/past.html|grep July|head -11
                                          July 25-30, 2010; Maastricht,
                                          July 26-31, 2009; Stockholm,
                                          July 27-August 1, 2008; Dublin,