Re: Why not use on-line tool to track each working group's attendees?

On Aug 9, 2010, at 6:51 AM, Martin Rex wrote:
> Joel Jaeggli wrote:
>>
>> as much as 10% of of the partficipants might be remote, generally less, almost never more.
> There is a difference in the effectiveness of remote vs. on-premise participation.

I don't think anyone disputes this (or even intended on raising it as an issue).  My understanding of the blue sheets were that they were deemed useful as they provide an indication of attendance at working group meetings for various (e.g., room sizing, legal, etc.) purposes.  With increased remote participation (even if it isn't as good as on-premises), I'd assume including remote participants in the attendees list would be valuable/appropriate.  While Jabber logs probably contain this information, centralized/standardized participation lists might be an additional justification to try online attendance tools.

Regards,
-drc