Re: Contribution Corner Cases was Re: New Trust Copyright FAQ

>One is when material is not posted directly to an IETF list, rather a
>URL is provided in an e-mail to a WG list, pointing to a Word or pdf
>document or a page on a web site.  Do the contents of such a document
>count as a Contribution?  Can I use the text from such a document in
>my own I-D?  RFC 5378 et al would suggest not.

    http://www.microsoft.com
    http://online.wsj.com/

I'm pretty sure you still can't use the source code to Windows or
articles from the WSJ in your drafts.  A URL is like a footnote.
You're welcome to copy the URL itself, not what it points to.

Re the IRTF. I always operated on the assumption that the note well
applied on the ASRG lists and wiki, but I also don't recall formal
statements to that effect.

R's,
John