Re: Ad Hoc BOFs

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I wish it had just been six of us at the bar.

From the BOFettes I participated in in Anaheim, I
got the general impression that the intent of the
get-together was to build support for turning
<whatever> into a working group - to create "yes"
votes (like it or not we've turned into a voting
organization) and to create interest rather than
sort through issues and answer questions.  The
most extreme example was the clouds thing, where
they wanted a working group before they even had
anything to work on.  So I think whether six people
at the bar is the right structure or a room with
meeting chairs and speakers and slides is the right
structure depends on whether the group is trying to
solve a technical problem or a political problem.

Melinda