Re: tools location

On 25 jul 2010, at 14:34, Thomson, Martin wrote:

> This is the venue map page: http://tools.ietf.org/rooms ?

> The reason is so that it can display where you are on the map.

Right. I had opened this page in a background tab so I didn't make the connection.

Safari on the Mac doesn't seem to be able to find its location at all, though. And as there's no GPS reception indoors (certainly not without any windows) I doubt _any_ system could provide a location that is accurate enough to be usable here.

> p.s. UI design doesn't seem to be a strong point here - modal notifications are an annoyance.  Firefox 4.0 gets it almost right, but the dialog appearance and usability suck.

A popup is ok if it's a reaction to a user action, not so much immediately upon loading the page. As long as we're providing constructive criticism: on the little program booklet the maps are tiny but still mostly readable, but on the web page the text is too small to be deciphered.