Re: The anonymity question

On Jul 25, 2010, at 6:07 AM, John R. Levine wrote:

> The ability of users to sign up from throwaway accounts doesn't seem to have been a big problem in practice, but it does make it hard to claim that the lists are free of submarine patent trolls.

A person's identity and their behavior are two different things. I would presume that every IETF working group or BOF list has at least one person on it who is lurking in the discussion for the purpose of filing a frivolous lawsuit later. Not sure how we can prevent that.

http://www.ipinc.net/IPv4.GIF