Re: Question - Can DNSSEC be operated in a manner which meets Khaled mandates?

Ted Ts'o wrote:

> If the goal is to establish a
> binding between a DNS name and an IP address which is suitable to be
> considered evidence in either a civil or criminal court of law, that's
> a different question.
>
> It's not clear to me that this latter goal is one that was considered
> one of high importantance when the Secure DNS design was first
> proposed ---

In "DNSSEC History, Status, Future" by Steve Crocker

http://www.internetdagarna.se/arkiv/2008/www.internetdagarna.se/images/stories/pdf/domannamn/Steve_Crocker_administrationofdnssec.pdf

it is stated on page 6 that:

	Where Does DNSSEC Come In?
	  DNSSEC secures the name to address mapping
	    Transport and Application security are just other layers.

							Masataka Ohta