Re: IETF privacy policy - still a bad idea

On 7/21/2010 5:18 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

b) the IETF has no employees

Well, again, there's a formal correctness to that statement and a practical
incorrectness.

We come close - from BCP 101
The IASA consists initially of a single full-time ISOC employee, the IETF
Administrative Director (IAD), who is entitled to act on behalf of the IASA at
the direction of the IAOC.

I thought that the tRSE (or iRSE, or whatever the first letter is) also qualifies in practical terms as an employee of the IETF (and, yes, I realize it's a short-term contract, but I continue to hope we aren't trying to be overly clever or precise here.)

c) the IETF signs no contracts

I was under the impression that the IAOC now signs the event contracts. But
perhaps that's not correct.

ISOC signs any such contracts.

ahh.

We certainly live with some complicated arrangements...

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking