Re: [dispatch] VIPR - proposed charter version 3

Hi Roni,

Comments inline below and some snipping of the thread.

Thanks,
Mary.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Roni Even <ron.even.tlv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mary,
> When I read the charter it is not clear why from the first paragraph you
> deduct the second paragraph.
> If the first paragraph will say
> " The goal of this working group is to enable inter-domain communications
> over the Internet, using protocols such as SIP, while still allowing people
> to use the called person assigned circuit switch phone number for
> identifying the person with whom they wish to communicate. "
> It may look clearer.
[MB] We could change "phone number" to "called person assigned circuit switch
phone number for identifying the person", but I think that "phone
number" is well
understood to be exactly what you want to describe it as.  [/MB]

> Still this is based on the assumption that using other ways to assign and
> authenticate SIP phone numbers using central databases is not catching up
> because the carriers object to implement it and not due to any other reason
> like preferences of enterprises IT to use PSTN for calls because of better
> quality of service and manageability.
[MB] I'm not certain (personally) that the latter preferences you note
are as prevalent as you might suggest. I would still contend that the
larger issue is the former. However, if other folks share this
concern, we can certainly add that as well - it reflects equally as
being a non-technical reason for widespread implementation [/MB]