Re: Proposed IAOC Administrative Procedures

It might be useful to distinguish between a conflict of interest and
an adverse interest.

For example, IAOC members are routinely going to have conflicting
duties of confidentiality. If someone claims to have a patent on HTTP
and I am acting as a forensic expert engaged by the defense, I am
going to have certain conflicts and there are going to be discussions
I cannot participate in. But that would be a rather different case
than being engaged by the plaintiff which would be a rather adverse
interest.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/