Re: Proposed IAOC Administrative Procedures

It may be that there needs to be a separate document covering conflict of interest for the IAOC and Trustees and this document would then just indicate that members will comply with that policy at all times.

I found www.nonprofitrisk.org/advice/samples/ConflictPolicy .doc  and others googling "conflict of interest policy non-profit".  They may be a decent starting point for establishing a COI policy.

I don't think you can actually capture what the behavior we expect of the board members with respect to COI in just a single paragraph.

Mike

At 06:10 PM 5/28/2010, Ted Hardie wrote:
> 9.      Members shall at all times act in a disinterested manner and consider
> only the benefit to the IETF standards process and community as a whole in
> discussions and decisions. The Members shall promptly disclose any
> material conflict of interest and recuse themselves from related
> decisions.

While I grok what you mean by "act in a disinterested manner" it sounds a
bit if you'd like them to cultivate ennui.  Perhaps "In the discharge of their
duties, member shall at all times act only in the interests of the
IETF community.
Members shall promptly disclose any material conflict of interest, and they
will recuse themselves from decisions where such conflict is present."