Re: [Simple] Last Call: draft-ietf-simple-msrp-acm (An Alternative Connection Model for the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)) to Proposed Standard

I can not see why this draft is needed other than making MITM attacks easier. I request that this not proceed until we can figure out what is going to happen to draft-ietf-simple-msrp-sessmatch then decide if these changes to MSRP are needed or if the existing mechanism are sufficient.

On Jun 7, 2010, at 8:39 AM, The IESG wrote:

> The IESG has received a request from the SIP for Instant Messaging and
> Presence Leveraging Extensions WG (simple) to consider the following document:
>
> - 'An Alternative Connection Model for the Message Session Relay Protocol
>   (MSRP) '
>   <draft-ietf-simple-msrp-acm-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
> ietf@xxxxxxxx mailing lists by 2010-06-21. Exceptionally,
> comments may be sent to iesg@xxxxxxxx instead. In either case, please
> retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
>
> The file can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-msrp-acm-09.txt
>

> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=18161&rfc_flag=0