RE: SCTP Mulithoming Communication PATHS Query

Hallo Xiangsong,
Thanks a lot for the detailed mail.
>> It seems there is firewall between host-X and host-Y, so the cross path packets can not reach the destination?
There is no fire wall but two separate routers each carrying a path and these routers are not connected as well.

>>1. to mark the destination endpoint IPay as NETWORK DOWN on Host-X when  it exceeds max retranmission in same path(cross) consecutively and
>> If the path of IPax -- IPay is OK, this should not happen, this is the key point.
Yes, because of this KEY point it is marked NETWROK UP in next second and again after a while(a minute or few minutes inless than 3)
that is marked NETWORK DOWN

>>Do you see the HB message (or DATA chunk) in the parallel path? or host-X only sends HB in the cross path?
HB message and DATA chuck are seen in parallel path. Host-X is sending in parallel paths and  sending also in cross intermittently. During this intermittent cross path communication once it reaches maximum number CONSECUTIVELY then immediately it marks DOWN and next second or milliseconds it marks NETWORK UP again as there is also parallel communication path attempted and succeeded.

I am asking the following question though it might not be very right to ask you, but would like to hear from your experience.
Given this situation, as I a responsible person for Host-X stack, what can be optimal values for the following parameters.
1. RTO Initial
2. Path MAX Retransmissions
3. Assoc MAX Retransmissions
4. MAX Init Retransmissions.

I do not want to stop the cross communication from Host-X(as I do not have full freedom to do that at the moment)
I can not definetly leave Host-X with values mentioned in my mail, as I get events NET DOWN for every few minutes and NET UP after few milliseconds subsequently.  With your answer, I will be in a position to convince the customer with your vast knowledge and expertise.

Best Regards
Samba.