Re: New Version of draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config-01

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 06:55 -0700, IETF I-D Submission Tool wrote:

> A new version of I-D, draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config-01.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Scott Lawrence and posted to the
> IETF repository.
>
> Filename:	 draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config
> Revision:	 01
> Title:		 Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agent Configuration
> Creation_date:	 2010-04-15
> WG ID:		 Independent Submission
> Number_of_pages: 25
>
> Abstract:
> This document defines procedures for how a SIP User Agent should
> locate, retrieve, and maintain current configuration information from
> a Configuration Service.
>
> This document is the product of the SIP Forum Technical Working Group
> User Agent Configuration Task Group.

This is an update in response to comments received so far during IETF
Last Call.

Change Summary:

      * The major change is to provide the Configuration Service a
        choice of whether to require the User Agent to create a change
        notice subscription or to require the User Agent to poll for
        changes using HTTP.  The User Agent is required to support both
        and use whichever mechanism the CS chooses.

      * There is small correction to the expression of the U-NAPTR
        regular expression to make it exactly match the one in RFC 4848.

      * The wording in the Scope section was changed from 'is free to'
        to 'MAY'.

The specifics of the changes can be generated at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config/