Re: Ok .. I want my IETF app for my iPad ..

On 06.04.2010 23:48, Mark Nottingham wrote:
It would be even better if the Web in general could support this use case.

The HTML5 folks are designing a client-side data store API, but alas it's not connected to the HTTP caching model, so they're effectively making Web authors rewrite their sties with JS APIs to make them usable offline -- even though HTTP already has a notion of offline cache operation.

But now I'm ranting...

Not yet.

I encourage everybody concerned with this (and similar "progress") to join the W3C HTML WG -- it's almost as open as an IETF activity.

<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#who>

Best regards, Julian