Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

Martin,

Thanks for your great review!

On 10-03-26 4:17 PM, "Martin Rex" <mrex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I downloaded the WG document ASCII I-D (14-pages) from
> http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf...
> loaded it into NRoffEdit, selected "Edit->Convert Text to NRoff",
> spent about 30 minutes fixing the Table Of Contents, I-D header
> and some minor formatting defects from the conversion along with
> several existing spelling errors reported by NRoffEdit and formatting
> issues like new sections starting very close to the bottom of pages.
> ... the original author is likely an xml2rfc user without a
> spell checker in his tool-chain.

Just a short comment on this to clarify.

You don't need to fix the table of content in NroffEdit. You just delete the
present one, then select Edit -> Paste managed 'Table of Contents', and
NroffEdit will generate a new one for you that is automatically updated as
you edit the draft.

/Stefan