Re: Audio Streaming Update 3/21 - IETF 77 March 21-26, 2010

On 03/23/2010 06:59 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:

> I am a remote participant for, I think, the 4th time running.
>
> Things work really well, although it would be nice to have an official,
> digital only way to bridge in a remote *presenter*.  Yaron Sheffer has
> been bridged via teamspeak(or was it skype?) plus "audio bridge" into
> ipsecme, and it works okay, but not great.

Yaron was bridged using a jk audio digital inkeeper, a grandstream sip
ata, gizmoproject, the pstn and Webex.

It would probably work a lot better if, the room were a bit smaller and
we eliminated the 8 bit 8khz portion of the pstn.

> The thing I want to alert people about is that:
>
>     the microphones are on between sessions

The equipement runs between meetings, in fact it runs all night as well.
This has been noted by me twice a meeting at least since 2004.

> BE MINDFUL what you say near the WG chair's table.
> or maybe WG chairs could turn that mike off when they leave.

Which just creates more opportunities troubleshoot later. The wireless
mics are bad enough.