DHCP retransmission behaviour

Hello,
I want to understand better the DHCP retransmit behaviour suggested in RFC 2131. RFC says that the client retrive using a backoff algorithm. This backoff algorithm will chose retransmission time using a value of a uniform random number chosen  from the range -1 to +1.
My question is what 's happen if value is negative(-1,0)?
If is negative the client won't retransmit?

Regards,
Lorenzo

Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici via Webcam su Messenger. Videochiamali!