Re: What day is 2010-01-02 (and what time is it)

Yes. http://fanf.livejournal.com/104586.html

> I.e. if I (or my application) know something happened at 13:32 on
> 2010-01-02 in Stockholm, that is I claim the best way of stating when
> something happened. Even better example is 13:32 at 2123-01-02 in
> Stockholm, as the chance Stockholm still exists in 2123 is higher than
> Stockholm use the same daylight savings rule then compared with today.

Yes, though you need a disambiguation flag for times when the clocks go
back.

In general RFC 3339 (i.e. date + time + UTC offset) is right for recording
timestamps of events that have occurred, but wrong for scheduling human
events in the future.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@xxxxxxxx>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.