RE: Bar Bof on Federated Authentication Thursday at 9 PM during IETF week

Of
> Phillip Hallam-Baker
> Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:05 AM
> To: Melinda Shore
> Cc: emu@xxxxxxxx; Glen Zorn; kitten@xxxxxxxx; moonshot-
> community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Sam Hartman; ietf@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Bar Bof on Federated Authentication Thursday at 9 PM during
IETF
> week
>
> Last time we had a BOF on that subject matter we had people with the
> bizarre notion that the user interface should be excluded from work on
> user authentication.I don't care if usability is outside people's
> comfort zone, if any group is going to be chartered in this space it
> should be required to address usability issues or we are better off
> without it.

If I understand the draft and motivations behind it correctly,
I think a large part of the proposal (draft-howlett-eap-gss)
is to develop machine to machine federated identity (and authentication).
Which is why Radius is involved (as it is a common directory
infra in many organizations) and SAML Request/Response used
to carry authz info.

So, I'm not sure that "user interface" is relevant here.
GSSAPI is the suggested API for applications.

Or did I read the wrong draft... :)

/thomas/