RE: WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

+1 Emphatically

If people want to do the work, why not let them try.

If they cannot succeed then shut it down.

That does bring up the more sensitive subject that the IETF as a whole needs
to consider which is when can it be determined that a WG is not succeeding.
That is a much much longer thread.