Re: Defining the existence of non-existent domains

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 01:10:42PM -0600, Jorge Amodio wrote:

> I believe that putting together a static list of something that is not
> clearly defined when there is no clear policy for adding/removing
> items from the list and no clear authority defined to execute the
> policy and responsible to keep the list updated will make the list
> useless on day D-1.

Which is why I think setting up an IANA registry makes sense: the
setting up of the registry forces one to define all of that too.

> I believe there is some work related to EPP about how
> registrars/registries exchange info about reserved names but I don't
> recall the specifics right now.

AFAIK there is no definition of "reserved names" in any of the EPP
specifications.  Are you referring to some other forum other than the
IETF?

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Shinkuro, Inc.