Creating issues for "Related Active Documents"

I have started working on the HIP RFCs while work is in progress to update the WG charter for said action. So for now the IDs are individual submissions. They are showing up on the HIP tools page, but I am not sure how to add issues to them. It is not clear from the wiki how to add IDs to the component list. It say at http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hip/trac/wiki/IetfSpecificFeatures that just mentioning a ID in the "Wiki text" generates a link, but that does NOT seem to apply to mentioning an ID in a ticket discription to get it linked in as an issue to that ID.

Where is doing this covered/discussed?