Re: Last Call: draft-cheshire-dnsext-multicastdns (Multicast DNS) to Informational RFC

The alternative would be to not use .local at all and insist on that
approach as a means of avoiding ICANNs perceived perogatives. I think
that would be a bad idea as the spec would not serve its intended
purpose.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 12:35:11PM -0500, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>
>> I want my personal machines to be part of the .hallambaker.com DNS
>> domain and look for configuration data there. I want my business
>> machines to be part of the .defaultdenysecurity.com domain and look
>> for configuration data there.
>
> My reading of the draft actually allows you to do this anyway.  So
> what's the problem?

> --
> Andrew Sullivan
> ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Shinkuro, Inc.

New Website: http://hallambaker.com/
View Quantum of Stupid podcasts, Tuesday and Thursday each week,
http://quantumofstupid.com/