Re: If you found today's plenary debate on standards track tedious...

On Nov 11, 2009, at 5:33 AM, Richard Barnes wrote:

> From the perspective of the world outside the IETF, this is already the case.  An RFC is an RFC is an RFC...
> --Richard

+1

As far as I can tell, 3GPP treats information and experimental RFC the same as standards track just to give you an idea of even how some of the outside world that does standards views the IETF

And let me add to the comment about SIP being PS ... some of the most deployed SIP RFCs are informational.