RE: If you found today's plenary debate on standards track tedious...

+1.

And if the IETF wanted to change that perception, the IETF needs
to create a separate document stream -- which I think was the
intent of the BCP and FYI document streams.  But FYI and BCP
aren't separate because the documents also have RFC numbers.

-d