Fwd: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements (Requirements for OAMin MPLS Transport Networks) to Proposed Standard

FYI

----- Forwarded message from jingr@xxxxxxxxxxx -----
    Date: Fri,  2 Oct 2009 16:46:53 +0200
    From: jingr@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements (Requirements for
OAMin MPLS Transport Networks) to Proposed Standard
      To: iesg@xxxxxxxx

hi,

As a carrier, we think it is very important to operate MPLS-TP OAM with a
behavior that is consistent with transport network operations. So we propose
the following requirement to be added to MPLS-TP OAM requirements draft:

"
It MUST be possible to operate the MPLS-TP OAM protocols, which satisfy
functional requirements that are common to general transport layer network
(i.e., independent of technology), in a way that is similar to the way
equivalent mechanisms are operated in other transport layer technologies (e.g.,
SONET/SDH, OTN and Ethernet).
"
Best regards

Jing Ruiquan