Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

Sorry - over generalizing here - but I think fairly.    Change "PRC" to "this hotel under the terms of the contract as presented in the initial contract" and  add "without violating the terms of the contract to the end of the statement" and consider what I said again.  A plain text reading of those terms would - I believe - ban these types of discussions.

But I'll mostly stand by my original comments given that the contract terms as presented to us, were presented to the hotel by the government and are there to enforce a government requirement.

If the terms were simply those imposed by this site, and we could get other terms at other locations in the country - let's do that.  But those terms are imposed on the host by the hotel at the behest of the government and are apparently not negotiable regardless of which site in the country we choose.