Re: IPv6 standard?

Steve Crocker writes:
I have trouble believing this will all happen in less than 20 years.
I do not have trouble imagining it might take much longer.

There is one thing that makes me think it'll happen more quickly:

1. I assume that there'll be a market in IPv4 addresses.
2. And that people will want to tradel smallish blocks.
3. And that random ISPs won't be inclined to stop filtering small BGP announcements. 4. So, to combat point 3, IPv4 will be increasingly tunnelled, and thereby more fragile and unreliable than IPv6. Much like how the IPv6 tunnels have made IPv6 unreliable and fragile in the past.

Arnt