Re: Last Call: draft-carpenter-renum-needs-work (Renumbering still needs work) to Informational RFC

Eliot,

We'll respond in detail to your helpful comments in due course.
However,

> Still, I would argue strongly for inclusion of a fuller discussion about
> technologies that obviate the need to renumber.

The hypothesis of the document is there will always be circumstances in
which partial or complete renumbering is needed, whatever such technologies
may be available. We should maybe make that clearer in the Introduction.

    Brian