Re: Last Call: draft-iana-ipv4-examples (IPv4 Address Blocks Reserved for Documentation) to Informational RFC

To my knowledge, ARIN does not have a standalone master db that maintains all of it's current and future reserved blocks.  Most ACLs that implicitly block this block tag it as "bogus" or "bad" IP addresses.

With documentation, it's important to broadcast this knowledge to industry so that there is a concise understanding.

v/r,
-AJ

Chief Architect, Data Network & Security
ciscoworkz@xxxxxxxxx

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 4:35 PM, IETF Member Dave Aronson <ietf2dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jari Arkko<jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What should we do about this block? Some of the potential answers include
> documenting its role, marking it as reserved but deprecating its use in
> examples, and returning it to the free pool immediately (with a warning sign
> about possible filtering problems).

If we can arrive at an agreement with ARIN, maybe we could document it
indirectly, by pointing to some place where ARIN would document *all*
its reserved spaces.  (Possibly even including things like "reserved
for expansion of the previous block", or "reserved for future use".)
A very brief Googling of arin.net did not reveal such a master list.

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, software engineer or trainer for hire.
Looking for job (or contract) in Washington DC area.