Re: meta-issues on charter discussions

Jari,

I think you are on the right track. I have appreciated the notes you
send out with recharter messages explaining your thinking and the
purpose of the recharter.

> But I do have an alternate proposal, if its important for the IETF
> community to understand the differences and rationales of charter
> changes better. Why don't we simply change the announcement format to
> include the three parts that I outlined above?

I'd strongly encourage the IESG to consider doing this for the formal
announcement. I think it would be a worthwhile improvement, and as you
say, the information should already be available. So it shouldn't
really be a lot of additional work.

Thomas