Re: Obnoxious license

On 2009-08-13, at 17:34, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Instead of putting it "at the end", it could be put on a web site on a URL that is epected to be long-lived. "http://www.rfc-editor.org/licenses/rfc6789-figure-1-license.txt " comes to mind.

I don't think I've seen this suggested yet, but I may have missed it. Why not have these "stable" licences published in RFCs? Those are already an archival format, so the reference is then not ambiguous. The code could then just include a [RFCnnnn] reference, I guess?

Again, my apologies if this has been hashed out somewhere.
--
Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxx