Re: [75attendees] IETF74 T-Shirt Art Donated to IETF Trust

On Aug 1, 2009, at 8:02 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
That would net $ 5000. That's less than ten registrations at a
meeting. I am neutral about whether or not we do this, but please
don't imagine that it will supplant registration fees or otherwise
lead to sudden riches.

One fairly obvious corollary to this is that in all likelihood the number of people who would purchase duplicate shirts in order to inappropriately claim that they were at IETF 74 is probably quite small. Much smaller than the number who were there and just didn't get one in their size (e.g., me) or who weren't there, don't particularly want to claim to have been there, but like the shirt and the message on the shirt and would like to be able to wear it around so that it might stimulate the occasional discourse on the urgency of IPv6 deployment.

Personally, I'd just put it up on CafePress, direct the revenue stream back to the IETF, and see what happens. Anything cleverer than that seems like a waste of effort to me.