Re: IETF74 T-Shirt Art Donated to IETF Trust

And, maybe more importantly, the message of IETF's work spreads.   In
the case of IETF 74.shirt, it's the IPv6 transition message that
spreads everytime someone wears their shirt.

Gregory

On 8/2/09, Henk Uijterwaal <henk@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marshall Eubanks wrote:
>
>> If the IETF sold 100 shirts we would IMO be doing well. If we sold 1000,
>> we would be doing spectacularly well IMHO.
>>
>> That would net $ 5000. That's less than ten registrations at a meeting.
>> I am neutral about whether or not we do this, but please don't imagine
>> that it will supplant registration fees or otherwise lead to sudden
>> riches.
>
> I'd be suprised if we sold more than a 100 shirts.   I see this primarily
> as a service to attendees, not as a way to generate money.  You get a shirt
> for free, if you want a 2nd one for whatever reason, you can buy it.  The
> IETF gets a few $$ for the trouble.
>
> Henk
>
> --
> Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
> RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
> P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
> 1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
> The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746

Sent from my mobile device

----
IETF related email from
Gregory M. Lebovitz