From: ext Henk Uijterwaal
Sent: 02/08/2009 12:53:02

Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IETF74 T-Shirt Art Donated to IETF Trust

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> If the IETF sold 100 shirts we would IMO be doing well. If we sold 1000,
> we would be doing spectacularly well IMHO.
>
> That would net $ 5000. That's less than ten registrations at a meeting.
> I am neutral about whether or not we do this, but please don't imagine
> that it will supplant registration fees or otherwise lead to sudden riches.

I'd be suprised if we sold more than a 100 shirts.   I see this primarily
as a service to attendees, not as a way to generate money.  You get a shirt
for free, if you want a 2nd one for whatever reason, you can buy it.  The
IETF gets a few $$ for the trouble.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746