Re: Retention of blue sheets

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Alissa Cooper wrote:

The discussion about blue sheets begs the question: does the IETF (or the Trust) have a privacy policy? I did a quick look for one but I didn't see one posted anywhere. If there's a legal entity collecting personal information (which there obviously is), it should have a privacy policy.

It is a stretch, which my imagination can't fathom, to consider a list of attendees in a public meeting to be personal information. Give the ease with which one can avoid having one's name recorded, I don't see any issue except the administrative support issues related to storing old paper.