Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

Douglas Otis <dotis at mail dash abuse dot org> wrote:
Word's closed code is continuously changing.   Availability of this > closed application depends upon OS compatibility and version > regressions.   Both are moving targets.  In addition, Word formats > permit inclusion of potentially destructive scripts within highly > flexible and obfuscating structures...
I didn't hear anyone ask to make evil Word from evil Microsoft the standard format for I-Ds and RFCs.  I did hear a suggestion to enhance xml2rfc so it can interpret the XML generated by evil Word.  The resulting code generated by xml2rfc would presumably have all of the evilness purged.