Re: Fwd: [Trustees] Proposed Revisions to the IETF Trust LegalProvisions (TLP)

This is another side-discussion that may be useful to do publicly,
forwarded with Sam's permission.

This discussion brings up another (subtler) point about allowing
re-licensing between works licensed under the BSD license directly and
works licensed under the newly proposed BSD-license-via-IETF-pointer.

If the new Trust text allowed recipients to re-license code back to the
original BSD licensed code, and not the BSD-license-via-IETF-pointer
license, I would not object to the new text.  It would allow me to do
what I prefer, and allowing others to do what they prefer.  I would
continue to feel that the new text is mis-guided and opens for solutions
that I believe are sub-optimal, but if others believe they want that
option, I would not be against having that option (as long as I can use
their BSD-license-via-IETF-pointer derived work under the original BSD
license).

/Simon